Mortal Kombat: Tyrants Above is the 17th fighting game in the Mortal Kombat series. It was developed for current-gen consoles and PC by NetherRealm Studios. They were released on April 10, 2018 to the US and on April 11, 2018 to the rest of the world.
Gameplay and Features Edit
Mortal Kombat: Tyrants Above's gameplay repeats the previous games' 3D style gameplay.
It has classic features from other previous games such as:
- Ladders: Climb through the ladder to defeat pure evil once and for all!
- Tag Ladders: Climb through the ladder with another player!
- The Story Mode: Play the epic story mode of Mortal Kombat: Tyrants Above, which occurs three years after Mortal Kombat: Oblivion. The story tells more details behind the force that caused all the chaos in the Rebooted series of Mortal Kombat.
- Variations: Mortal Kombat (Reboot series)'s Variation feature returns with an upgrade -
- The Vari-alities: Every variation in Mortal Kombat: Tyrants Above has a unique fatality.
- Two new Variations: Both are very special variations for Mortal Kombat.
- Finishing Moves: Mortal Kombat 11's Finishing Moves including the new Vari-alities, and fan-favorites Brutality, Stage Fatality, X-Ality, Cretality and Summon-Cross.
- X Rays and Energy Bar are back!
- "Test Your..." Minigames: Mortal Kombat (2012)'s Test Your minigames are back including Test Your Might, Test Your Sight, Test Your Luck, Test Your Strike, Test Your Balance (Controller Required) and Test Your Slice (Playstation 4 Exclusive).
- The Krypt: Enter the Krypt: use in-game currency to buy items such as in-game Skin Packs, Finishing Moves, Music, Cheats and more!
And new features like:
- Gym: Train your skills to max with the all-new Gym mode! Enter the gym managed by Anthony Cage, which will train you, level up your character and unlock icons and calling cards too.
- Conquest: Travel as Raiden in Open World Realms to stop evil.
In-game Characters Edit
Returning Characters Edit
- Bo' Rai Cho
- Jax Briggs
- Johnny Cage
- Kotal Kahn
- Kung Lao
- Liu Kang
- Orochi Hellbeast
- Sarah Nac
- Shang Tsung
- Shao Kahn
- Sonya Blade
New Characters Edit
Unlockable Characters Edit
- Art Mn Blade
- Quan Chi
DLC Characters Edit
- Ash Williams
- Cole Train
- Harley Quinn
- King Kong
- Ryo Hazuki
- Shadow Priest
Non-Canon Characters Edit
These characters are not going be appear in Mortal Kombat franchise said Ed Boon, they just non-canon, someplace withing as playable, but no appearance, they just non-canon characters as playable.
- Cassie Cage (Johnny and Sonya's daughter)
- Dylan Jacob (Kano's son)
- Jacqui Briggs (Jax's daughter)
- Kung Jin (Kung Lao's younger cousin)
- Liam (Liu Kang and Kitana's son)
- Nate (Baraka and Mileena's son)
- Nightcrow (Nightwolf's niece)
- Richard Stryker (Stryker's newphew)
- Takeda Takahashi (Kenshi's son)
- Vapor (Smoke's sister)
- Black Dragon HQ
- Elder Gods Temple
- Himalaya Mountains
- Inner Sanctum
- Jinsei Chamber
- NetherRealm's Throne Room
- Pyramid Ramse
- Shirai Ryu Temple
- Wu Shi Temple
- Edenia's Colosseum
- Edenia's Throne Room
- Fear Sanctuary
- Lin Kuei Temple
- NetherRealm Secert Caves
- Ramse Desert
- Special Forces HQ
- Aperture Sceince
- Edenia's Market
- The House
- The Pit
Game Editions Edit
Standart Edition Edit
The Standard Edition costs 59.99$ and includes:
- 58 core charcaters
- 18 core stages
- 11 old and new features
Deluxe Edition Edit
The Deluxe Edition costs 79.99$ and includes:
All of the above plus:
- The Kombat Pack: Free access to DLC Packs
- STARK Skin for Tri-borg, voiced by Robert Downey Jr.
Elder God Edition Edit
The Elder God Edition costs 99.99$ and includes:
All of the above plus:
- Krypt Unlocked: All the items in the Krypt are unlocked
- Early Access for DLC Packs